I sometimes invent languages. A few get pretty large in size, but most of the time I pop off a quick sketch to see how some idea might work out. The larger ones:
- Kahtsaai (PDF), my current primary project, started in 2011, and the product of several sketches, including Bixwá, a project started in early 2010, later abandoned as several ideas were rolled into Kahtsaai.
- Lord Smoke and the Merchant, a litle story of a trickster figure in Kahtsaai, with interlinears. MP3 of me reciting the story.
- My only language that other people have ever tried to learn, Vaior. More or less done by 2002, though doubtless missing some vocabulary. A bit naive by standards I'd hold myself to now.
- A little language created just for the 2014 Lexember season, Kata. Underdeveloped.
- a collection of sketches (old and occasionally embarrassing)
Some notes on Afrihili, a pan-African auxlang.
The Conlangery Podcast, where I can be heard holding forth with other conlangers.
For information about my language creation consulting, see Xeno·Glossaria.com.
A table of Gusein-Zade phoneme rank frequencies.
Some web-based linguistics tools I find useful.